Squeeking V-belt

Hello group,
I proudly set-up my recently acquired jointer (Kity 16", 5.5HP) in my basement. To get it down the staircase, I had to take it to pieces. Also the motor had to go out. Everything is back to work now but: When turning on the machine, for about a short second, a squeaking noise is produced by the machine. Further investigation shows that the main drive V-belt is skidding on the smaller pulley until the main shaft is at full speed. Most probably, I got some grease on the belt when putting together the machine. Already cleaned it up with methylated spirit; –little help. Tension of the belt seems to be o.k. I’m afraid to wear the belt pretty soon. What should I do? Further clean it, put some “belt spray” on it (seen on the internet, no clue what’s in there)?
Any recommendations?
TIA Matthias
Use the "Power twist link belt". I have it on both my ts and jointer. Works great, took away vibration, etc. Earlier post by Woodie gives this for review: http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com / Check out the thread, posted 7/28/2006

TIGHTEN the belt.