Squeeking V-belt

Hello group,

I proudly set-up my recently acquired jointer (Kity 16", 5.5HP) in my basement. To get it down the staircase, I had to take it to pieces. Also the motor had to go out. Everything is back to work now but: When turning on the machine, for about a short second, a squeaking noise is produced by the machine. Further investigation shows that the main drive V-belt is skidding on the smaller pulley until the main shaft is at full speed. Most probably, I got some grease on the belt when putting together the machine. Already cleaned it up with methylated spirit; ?little help. Tension of the belt seems to be o.k. I?m afraid to wear the belt pretty soon. What should I do? Further clean it, put some ?belt spray? on it (seen on the internet, no clue what?s in there)?

Any recommendations?

TIA Matthias

Reply to
Matthias Muehe

Use the "Power twist link belt". I have it on both my ts and jointer. Works great, took away vibration, etc. Earlier post by Woodie gives this for review:

out the thread, posted 7/28/2006

Reply to
Jimmy

TIGHTEN the belt.