Squatter's Chair

G'day all. New here, Merry Christmas to all. Now, any Aussies present, or is there an equivalent Australian newsgroup? I want to make a genuine Oz "Squatter's Chair" for my wife who is convalescing from a little op. Just like the ones we used to have on the verandahs when I was a kid in Queensland. She finds that the usual "lazyboys" or "banana chairs" too low and difficult to get in/out of, and I think a squatter's chair would be just the ticket. Have I come to the right place? I would like to find sketches/drawings/dimensions if that is not too big an ask for a newby!
Thanks
--
Jack Watson
Perth, Western Australia

Look for a book called "Australian Traditional Bush Crafts" by Ron Edwards. There are at least N followup volumes, titled "Bushcraft N", for N <about 8.
These books have sketches, information and simple plans on just about every traditional australian bush-crafted household item. Try your public library, brisbane's has the whole set. If you can't find a copy, I might be able to scan a page or two for you.
Regards, Chris (in Brisbane)
I don't think this is what you are looking for but I thought it was a little different.
http://www.triton.net.au/projects/adv/a07.html
Best wishes to all for the holiday season.
DexAZ

Now there is an interesting looking chair. Has anyone made one? JG
DexAZ wrote:

try this site mate its an oz one but we have a few yanks come on as well all are welcome to Oz's best ww board http://www.ubeaut.com.au / Pete

No info on the chair but I noted 'Perth' in your sig line. Isn't Luke Longley of NBA (Basketball) fame from there? He did his college years here in New Mexico.
Jack Watson wrote:

Greetings Grandpa on Christmas Day in Western Australia
Sorry, I am the world's least-informed person as far as sports are concerned, I'm afraid. We do have a popular basketball team here in Perth called the Wildcats, but that's as far as my knowledge goes. Deplorable, I know. I'll ask my grandson when he comes for Christmas dinner, (if he forgives me for flying his new model electric airplane into a gumtree this morning)
Best regards
--
Jack Watson
Perth, Western Australia