Squatter's Chair

G'day all. New here, Merry Christmas to all. Now, any Aussies present, or is there an equivalent Australian newsgroup? I want to make a genuine Oz "Squatter's Chair" for my wife who is convalescing from a little op. Just like the ones we used to have on the verandahs when I was a kid in Queensland. She finds that the usual "lazyboys" or "banana chairs" too low and difficult to get in/out of, and I think a squatter's chair would be just the ticket. Have I come to the right place? I would like to find sketches/drawings/dimensions if that is not too big an ask for a newby!

Thanks

Reply to
Jack Watson

"Jack Watson" moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

Nah, there's no woodwork group under aus.*. This is the place.

Look for a book called "Australian Traditional Bush Crafts" by Ron Edwards. There are at least N followup volumes, titled "Bushcraft N", for N

Reply to
Christopher Biggs

I don't think this is what you are looking for but I thought it was a little different.

wishes to all for the holiday season.

DexAZ

Reply to
DexAZ

Reply to
Grandpa

Reply to
Peter

Greetings Grandpa on Christmas Day in Western Australia

Sorry, I am the world's least-informed person as far as sports are concerned, I'm afraid. We do have a popular basketball team here in Perth called the Wildcats, but that's as far as my knowledge goes. Deplorable, I know. I'll ask my grandson when he comes for Christmas dinner, (if he forgives me for flying his new model electric airplane into a gumtree this morning)

Best regards

Reply to
Jack Watson

Thanks for all the answers and suggestions. I will follow them up.

BTW, what is an "Adirondack chair" - sounds interesting

Have to go now to help Nadia with the Christmas dinner preparations! All the best to all for the festive season.

JW² Norton AntiVirus 2003 installed

JOAT

Reply to
Jack Watson