Square Bearing Router Bits

Page 2 of 2

<snip>

Thanks for stopping by and offering an informed answer.
Patriarch, wishing he'd had more time to do the projects for which he ordered all those fastners...
Seeing the bit and thinking farther this bit will not be able to do inside curves as well as the round bearing bits. With inside curves, especially tight ones, the laminate will not be trimmed flush.
"RickS" <rick --dot-- s --at-- comcast.net> wrote in message

Thanks everyone for your input. It sounds like these square bearing thingys are a rather recent innovation (if it is in fact that).
I ended up buying a Whiteside 1/2" shank 1" CL flush trimmer with the normal round bearing guide (works great, BTW). The local Woodcraft did not even have a square one to look at (sorry, Slowhand). Someone else is going to have to experiment.
And Leon, good catch on the inside curves issue. I had not even thought of that.
/rick.