Spruce

I have a piece of spruce cut and primed for my dressing table top. I examined it before purchase and it looked quite straight and nice. It is eventually going to be painted with a white gloss and to do so I primed it first. Amazingly as if by magic, a fair few 'flaws' showed up in the wood, quite a few nicks and holes. I don't really want a small crater on my plank so wonder if it is the done thing to fill in these minor imperfections or should I leave it for authenticity? TIA Mrs Bonk
I would use a automobile filler, sand it and reprime it.
ghisla wrote:

Or spackling compound or a sandable wood putty.
--

FF

BTW, is Spuce still available and where can you buy them?
.