Spread the wealth???

Page 4 of 5

Doesn't much matter at this point anyway since the "discussion" is winding down. I've filtered Tim's name so he can attempt to troll a reply from me all he wants, I won't see it.
Of course, he may have enlisted Doug to assist him, but I believe Doug is considerably smarter than that.

Uhh, no.

Guess I'll find out. In any event, Doug has contributed considerable woodworking knowledge to this group, whereas Tim has contribute zip or very close to it.

I think I already said that he has not asked.

Actually, you did.

You wrote, quote, Certainly another lie on your part, end quote.

Most folks don't see much difference between calling a statement a lie, and calling the author of that statement a liar. YMMV -- and apparently does.

More personal attacks...

Ummm... no, actually, you *didn't* say that. Not in that post, anyway.

It's sad that you are unable to debate the issue on its merits, and have only personal attacks to fall back on.
I'll go out on a limb here, and predict that your response to this will be even more personal attacks. Any takers?

You're right, I did say it, but it was mitigated in the same comment, next paragraph. Take the time to read a bit.

Why not, you're an easy target and according to Tim, I'm evil and lazy for letting the Canadian government do all my stealing for me. I guess it just comes naturally. :)

How else am I going to have any fun? You wouldn't take that away from me would you Doug?

Sure, I'll bet you $5 that I'll make many more personal attacks. Any takers?
Upscale wrote:

You are not evil for taking what you are forced to pay for. You exhibit evil for defending that system based on theft. Big difference. I do not believe should not avail yourself of what comes out of your and your fellow citizens' wallets. But to constantly defend a system built on stealing is immoral. Even small children are taught that stealing is wrong.
Unlike you, I have no particular opinion about you personally as a debating partner, other than the fact that you've demonstrated a deep willingness for cheap personal assault whenever you are cornered logically. You may well be the salt of the earth as a human being otherwise, I dunno. But you embrace truly awful and very dangerous ideas in the face of the evidence presented the last 100 years or so about what the inevitable end game of central government control of wealth does. At the very least, this calls both your judgment and morality into question.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tim Daneliuk snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com PGP Key: http://www.tundraware.com/PGP /
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) writes:

This shouldn't surprise anyone. You're so far from the mainstream that you and Tim sharing opinions in common is expected. Just because Tim can point to one other right-wing nut that believes some of the same stupid shit he does, means absolutely zero in the real America, which pretty much roundly rejected you and yours on tuesday.
scott

Not at all. I can't speak for Tim, but *my* views were not rejected on Tuesday: there was no candidate on the ballot who represented them.
On Nov 6, 8:18pm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

My you'd have better luck if you moved to North Korea?
Robatoy wrote:

NOW I know where I've seen you before. You're the dude with the Elvis hairpiece and platform shoes that runs N. Korea, right?
Doug Miller wrote:

+1
Scott Lurndal wrote:

Scott -
You may call me many things - Upscale has covered the Junior High vocabulary in that regard. But please do not call me right-wing. I am no such thing. I am very far away from the right on a good many issues. Both the right- and left as expressed in Western politics are deeply flawed and are designed to preserve power for the few over the many. I adhere to the founding ideas of this nation first expressed by Locke and later Jefferson, Adams (both of them), Madison, Franklin, Paine, et al. They - the whole lot of them - would be disgusted with both the left and right as they exist today. Upscale's juvenile cursing is irrelvant. Calling me right wing is just plain mean.

He's funny looking, too!
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Are you my neighbor by any chance???
On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 17:15:26 -0600, Tim Daneliuk

I can't see any neighbor houses from here.
Chris Friesen wrote:

How about some penalties for those responsible for pushing the banks to make those loans through threat of legal action: Those in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac: Jamie Gorelic, Franklin Rains, etc. The legislators who resisted with every ounce of their being additional oversight to stop those irresponsible loan policies: Barnie Frank, Chris Dodd, Chuck-U Schumer, etc. Of course not, they're going to get put in charge of more of the nation's wealth.

Chris Friesen wrote:

One point: This was NOT "caused" by the bankers ... or at least not primarily. The banks are just the place where the problem finally showed up. This was caused by generations of deficit spending by an overweening and growing government. At some point, that government had a debt it could not service easily and thus dropped interest rates, thereby reducing the cost of the debt AND devaluing the currency to pay off old debts with new, less valuable money. In the mean time, that same government - in the true spirit of communism - forced banks to extend mortgages to people that had no business owning a house. The banks - guaranteed that they would never lose money thereby - jumped in enthusiastically and then went to the next level: If the government is making money cheap, why not start lending to ALL risky borrowers. Like I said, the banks are not blameless here, but the larger population and its government, both of whom spent madly with money they could not repay, bear the bulk of the blame.
On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 07:05:32 -0500, "J. Clarke"

The workers will find jobs with whomever fills the void left when their company folded. If they were doing anything that was of value to anybody, there will arise a new company or companies to do what the old company was doing. Any idea how many automobile companies have come and gone in the U.S. since 1900?

How many automobile companies since the 1900s had to pay Obama's tax rate?
lukeluck