spraying water borne finish

I have been spraying Benjamin Moore's Impervo. It is a water borne acrylic. After a lot of testing I can now get a very acceptable finish. The equipment I have is a 4 stage Fuji with a gravity feed gun. ( Don't let the gravity feed notation fool you. There is a tube that comes from the turbine and into the top of the cup to pressurize it.) A nice feature of the gun is that the cup can rotate relative to the gun, so when the gun points straight down, the cup can be positioned straight up.
In any case, I have found that adding 10% water and a bit of extender makes a world of difference in the finished product. I have also found that adding too much water sprays well but causes the "satin finish" to be flat and chalky looking. Too much water can destroy the final finish!
My $.02
Len
Well there I was, wondering how sharp my band saw blade was, so I started up my band saw, pushed my thumb into the moving blade, then pulled my thumb back. When I saw the blood pouring out, I knew the blade was still sharp enough.
Then I said to myself, Hey Dumb Dumb, If you had the blade guard down where it should be, I wouldn't be bleeding. That is what happens when we get complacent, and do not take the time to do it right and safe.
It is healing, and luckily I didn't loose the thumb.
Jack
Glad it stayed tight.
----------
"godsword" wrote in message
It is healing, and luckily I didn't loose the thumb.
Jack

G:
In my shop, I have the plaque of Dope.
On the exquisitely startling occasions when I've qualified for that title in full capital letters, I imprint my blood type on said plaque annotating the fail with an inscription.
For a long while, I had two tortured objects affixed representing operations that stuttered a nanotick off full doom. Finally, some horror fan got them for Xmas. Funny how these kind of things keep memories from going ghost.
But, I am afeared Grauman's Chinese may be preparing a lawsuit.
Thanks for the report along with wishes we won't have another one.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey

You idiot You deserve the Darwin award for stupidity for the week
Anyone knows that a moving bandsaw blade will cut your finger, no matter how blunt it is

Your humor detector seems to be broken.

Just like his finger

Idiot. You're supposed to use your penis.
On 5/26/2011 6:01 PM, Father Haskell wrote:

Now you tell me - - - why didn't you tell me that before??
Tell you what, I'll wait for you to demonstrate so that I will know how to do it right by watching you.

Now, now. The good Father has to keep his intact. For the choir boys, ya know? Art