Spraying lacquer for the first time

Hello,

I just sprayed lacquer for the first time, using a 2 stage HVLP sprayer. I ended up having a couple of runs. I followed on person's suggestion of scraping the run and then sanding it smooth. I was wondering, can just re-spray the area where I leveled the run, or do I need to spray the whole side again?

Thanks, V

Lacquer is a "self healing" material.

Spraying more lacquer over the damaged area is a suggested repair procedure.

I just had the same problem.

My suggestion: Spray the whole surface.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Sand the runs smooth as possible. Get a light at an angle on the area to make sure you got it all as it will show right through your surface as a "sealed" run.

A agree with Lew. When I get a run in a door I sand it smooth, then reshoot the whole door so there are no differences in appearance from different coats, dry fall, or reflectivity. It doesn't matter what finish it is.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41