Sprayers

Putting paint on anything that comes out of my shop is heresy to me, but I need to replace a bathroom vanity which managed to catch some mold from a leaky toilet.
My plan is to replicate the existing vanity and use the doors and drawers from the old one. So I've got some painting to do.
HF's latest sale flyer is on my desk and they have a couple of HVLP sprayers on the cheap side of $40. Understanding that one always gets what one pays for, can one of these cheapies get me through this little project?
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=hvlp+sprayer
TIA
Larry
Gramp's shop wrote:

Can't say for sure but I don't see why not assuming you already have something to power them. So could rattle cans.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 1/30/2012 2:34 PM, dadiOH wrote:

or a nice 2" purdy. $17 . done
--
Steve Barker

And you get to keep the Purdy if you clean it like a Purdy should be cleaned.
On 1/30/2012 4:19 PM, Angela Sekeris wrote:

yes, some of mine are over 10yrs old.
--
Steve Barker

The job just doesn't sound big enough, to me, to bring out spray equipment.
On 1/30/2012 4:21 PM, Angela Sekeris wrote:

Totally agree especially if this is the only reason to paint.
Gramp's shop wrote:

I have one of those, but my favorite is the one with its own blower and a 1 !/4" hose. Sounds like a vacuum cleaner but it works for me.
--
Gerald Ross

Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't
Gramp's shop writes:

--------------------------------- Couple of rattle cans and your done.
Lew

Others can cooment but I never had success shooting house paint (latex) from an HVLP even with the right tip. I know the pros do it but they have very big CFM machines. Maybe others can comment. I tried like hell but ended up paying a pro to come paint my builtins.
On 1/30/2012 2:17 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

Since you avoid painting except for this project do you really need a sprayer for a one time use?
You can get very smooth results using a 1"diameter foam roller with oil based paints and you get a very smooth finish using a flat pad applicator with latex paints. Either of which would have to be much simpler and easier to use that spraying.