@##$%$%^ splitter/blade guard

Am I the only one in the world who has given up trying to adjust the splitter/ blade guard on my Delta Hybrid table saw? I finally removed it today. It's not my fault. The guys on the "Woodsmith Shop" on TV don't have theirs on.
Pete Stanaitis
Here's one of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkYOgDJ9MMU&feature=related

Make sure to check out the others in the series!
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)
A couple of tough guys for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGroj2qllwc&NR=1

=======Not sure how real it is, but either way, it's a good reminder to count them both before and after. In between, make doubly sure they stay out of the tool path. (I'm not a doctor and never played one on TV, but I'm pretty certain there would be a good squirt of arterial blood when the thumb gets severed.)
On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 16:34:01 -0500, "MikeWhy"

I didn't watch 'em all, just the first link in the post. My opinion is that it was staged. As you indicated, there wasn't nearly enough blood for it to be a actual traumatic amputation.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

I screwed uo on the second URL.
Here is the one I intended:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXMZuQAfG_s&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Not an action shot, but a post facto one.
Luigi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXMZuQAfG_s&NR=1&feature=fvwp

not to be argumentative, but I'm not so sure. I had a bad accident with a router 2 years ago. No blood anywhere on the router, table, or blade.
I was using a router table, and the fence slipped, causing a climb cut, and away we went/ 1/4 wide, 1/4 inch deep, across the nail bed of the thumb. The nail is pretty much fine now. A guard may have helped, but then again, it probably would have slid out of the way.
Now I check to make sure everything is tightened down real good
shelly
I just put my guard back on after 20 years. I have a ten inch bench saw thet fell off the bench when I was ripping a one foot peice of 1x4. Damn thing got the tip of my thumb. From now on it's gunna get bolted down even if it's for one cut. Jerry
http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974RuppCentair

Perhaps the "Woodsmith Shop" guys, and quite a few printed magazine editors, who ought to know better, might think it worth spending a bit of time at: http://tinyurl.com/cujmde
Hardly an entertaining read, for sure, but culled from reputable and experienced sources.
Jeff
--
Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK
email : Username is amgron