spline jig

I have made a spline jig for my table saw. The kind with a carriage that the picture frame rests in, and then you push the jig thru the blade to make the spline cut. How would you clamp the frame in the rest? I can't get the clamp to grab the frame because of the angle of the rest. Patt

I'm not sure I understand why you can't clamp your frame to your jig, but perhaps you need a better jig. See mine :
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/jigsfixtures.htm
On mine, a clamp squeezes the frame against the MDF portion of the jig.
--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com
"Patt" wrote in message

the
the
If your spline jig looks like this:
http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/SplineJig.jpg
... clamp the frame to the jig "fence" (vertical part of the jig).
If it doesn't look like the above, then a better description of what you've built is in order.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/19/06