spline cuts

I want to make spline cuts in a box with mitered corners for decoration. What jig would you make for it? Will use a hand held router, not router in table. Patt.
What kind of splines do you want? Vertical, inside the miter? Horizontal, perpendicular to the miter? Either way, I don't think I'd use a hand held router. If no table mounted router, I would use a table or hand saw.

I'm not sure a handheld router is the tool for the job. I would do this on a table saw. See my spline jig on my web page. This jig could also be adapted for router table use.
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/jigsfixtures.htm
--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com
Patt wrote:

I use my table saw. For information on doing so see:
http://www.woodezine.com/06_2004/0604_spline.html
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

I'd probably make a jig for the tablesaw. In either case, something like a "V" shaped cradle. You can make some kind of a track (clamped to a table) such that the router base slides across.