Spiral Pens

If you will look at the Fall 2005 issue of Woodturning Design on one of the advertisement pages you will see a page for

One of the pens that they have is a red and black spiral. Now, I have made pens a long time, but I have never been able able to duplicate this. Do you use a rasp/ file, or is there a different technique that I am to use?

Thanks a lot guys,

Joe

Reply to
Joseph Durham

Dunno', didn't see anything I recognized by the description at the link above and a search of the site didn't return anything useful for "spiral".

I've seen some work using a metalworking lathe style threading gear to cut spirals. That possibly what was done?

Reply to
dpb