Spiral nails pulling out of deck

Page 2 of 2
Likely a temperature issue and a point / region that focuses the heave forces of hot afternoon and freezing nights. Drives rocks from underground and such.
I bet you could put a screw offset from it - two - both closer to the next ones - in thirds not in half - and the now free section might just heave but won't bring up the screws.
Martin
Pilgrim wrote:

On Monday, June 22, 2009 at 11:31:41 AM UTC-4, mg wrote:

go the screws are in the treated wood and are pulling out and building is f alling down, I understand there was a law suit against the dry wall screw, does anyone know where I can find information on this Thanks snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in
Sounds like the wrong screw for the material. Drywall screws are for interior use in untreated wood. You need to use screws intended for treated lumber, it will say that on the box.
I do remember the formula for treated wood was changed and it took the screw guys a little time to discover a problem and catch up. One, I think the older one, was called AC2.
There was also a lawsuit against Chinese-sourced drywall, but it wasn't the screws at fault in that case.
Puckdropper
On Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 7:43:29 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com wrote:

Puck, no offense intended, here, but he's not asking about fixing his screwed-up (sic) (construction) building. The idiot is asking about a lawsuit.
Oldfart(?), go fix your building correctly and stop your pansy-ass, looking to blame someone else, construction problems, on. Folks, here, aren't in tune with your kind of asinine ignorant mindset.
Sonny
On 9/24/2016 11:24 PM, Sonny wrote:

Sounds like there could be a lawsuit but he may end up as the defendant. Using drywall screws to build a deck is negligence.
On Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 11:24:45 PM UTC-4, Sonny wrote:

Lawsuit? Nah.
Troll? Yep.
Don't get sucked in.