Spiral Cutter for Planer

Does anyone make a spiral cutter that would fit the Delta DC-380 15" planer?
I read an artical recently that said how great the cutters were, and that they are available for virtually any planer now. Is there one out there for this bad boy machine, and if so, any idea where to buy it?
Brian

you might try woodworkers supply. they have them for many planers but im not sure if they have one for yours.
skeez
Check out http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM 0-047
Says it fits Woodtek and Jet 15" planers. I would not be surprised if it also fits the Delta, as both the Jet and Delta were similar last I looked.
-nick

B Man wrote:

Joe

Rather expensive ($795) but:
http://www.byrdtool.com/journals.html
At least it's available. I'm looking at replacing the head on my jointer. It's twenty inches wide and the price will be more than $2000 if they can do it. I have babbitt bearings on this old monster.
--
This signature left blank.

I think that qualifies as a driveby...

The 20" sure... But I'd call the $2000 for "new jointer 'blades'" a liability.
Now, if I just knew whut a Bruce Babbit Bearing wuz...

That would seem to be for the head assembly replacement - a one time cost.
For me, the incremental cost would have to factor in a change of address. I'm completely out of space.
Patriarch, who has a vintage 24" jointer. A spiffy Stanley #8.

I have a new 32" jointer so there (G)
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/3inchbubingarazee.jpg
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

That's _really_ _purty_, Steve!
Patriarch, rethinking plane storage options, for some reason

it weights 10.5# a bit much for me (G)
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Thank you all for the good info.