Spinning Wheel

If any of you have gotten the "bug" to build a Great Wheel (or Waulking/Walking Wheel) I stumbled across a set of plans that you might be interested in. The plans are for a Shaker inspired wheel and are available from Rockler. You need to call them, ask for Customer Service, then ask for Stan in Tech Support. Ask Stan for a set of the Spinning Wheel plans for the Shaker wheel.
In other words, the plans are not availbable on the website or in a store. But they do have them and they are a reprint from a Sept 1978 issue of Woodworking Journal.
One other thing. The plans will set you back a whopping $4.19, with no s/h and no tax.
Deb
Dr. Deb wrote:

I didn't even know for sure what what a Great Wheel was until you mentioned it and I looked it up. They surely have their own aura! It reminds me a little of my "mistrel-style banjo project" ~ William Boucher (circa 1845). http://www.flesherbanjo.com/minstrel2.html
I haven't tried making one yet, but doing so now would be alot more realistic for me now than when I first considered it about 9 years ago. Go for it (the Greal Wheel), it you have the space! : )
Cheers, Bill

Dr. Deb wrote:

be
For those of you like Bill, who have never seen a Great Wheel in operation. Here is a wonderful Youtube video of one. You will appreciate the music, the spinning and the quality of the wood work. Mike Cox, Tracy's father, is the builder of the wheel and does so on a commercial basis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
7fhrT65Cw&playnext=1&list=PLD5B7A547DADB55F6&feature=results_main
Deb
"Dr. Deb" wrote in message
Dr. Deb wrote:

be
For those of you like Bill, who have never seen a Great Wheel in operation. Here is a wonderful Youtube video of one. You will appreciate the music, the spinning and the quality of the wood work. Mike Cox, Tracy's father, is the builder of the wheel and does so on a commercial basis. ===============================================================================Two out of three is not bad. I muted the audio.

I betting it's not nearly as easy to use as it looks. ;o}
Larry