Spindle Sanders?

Page 3 of 3

That is a situation that warrants a spindle lock. When the router is fixed under a table top and you have to use the wrenches below the table. Loose on top of a table, spindle locks require too much grabbing, holding, and working against the hand with the wrench. I have a Triton router with spindle lock and do above the table bit changes. I would prefer above the table with 2 wrenches. I still have to brace my self when working with 1 wrench. With 2 wrenches I just squeeze my hand closed.
"Leon" wrote in message

My penance for failure to bite into the "router lift" $yndrome with my 7518 is to use two wrenches on top of the table for bit changes, and a pair of water pump pliers to get the damn nut loosened on the motor sleeve after it gets hot ... which it indeed does.
I can live with all that better than I can with that #$(%U#POS spindle lock on my Bosch Colt. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07