Spiders

Page 2 of 2

Cut them in a 1:x1"x12" spider whacking stick. Need a plan?
--
Clint
"DamnYankee" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Ortho Home Defense, about $7.00 a gal (lasts a long time) at Home Depot. It comes with a sprayer, can be used indoors or out and doesn't stain wall paper or fabrics. I spray it around the baseboards in the house and garage about twice a year. Haven't seen a critter since I started using it. RM~

If the spiders at that bothersome, at the end of the day spray all along the baseboards and underneath cabinets, equipment, etc--most will be dead by the following day. Keep in mind that the spiders are generally a good thing--feeding on earwigs, roaches, flies, Asian ladybugs, etc. Also, sweep the shop floor at the end of the day.
I don't mind the spiders so much, but my shop is on the same floor as my basement, and the wife and 3 daughters scream everytime they see a wolf spider, and they get pretty big at my place. Here's a picture of one I found before we finished the basement. I thought he was the exception, but I've killed about 5 others this size at the place:
http://www.astutesolutions.net/images/PICT0819_small.jpg

Maybe you should tell your wife how spiders get rid of all sorts of other bugs like flies, mosquitoes and a number of other pests.
wrote in message

Wolf spiders are stalkers. The web types, which the OP seems to have implied with his "sawdust" reference, would feed on the mobile stuff.
No consolation to his wife, I'm sure, but the big ones help control mice.
Reminds me - time to set traps. Getting cold outside, and mice, like spiders, will find a way in.
Her response would be that a bug guy would get rid of all of it. Thats a big spider though. Anything smaller than a quarter I can see your point, but when it gets that big and I'm worried about it jamming my motors if it gets in it, I kill it :). You can see a quarter next to the thing that I threw next to it for scale.
There is one big green spider in our garage that she doesn't want me to get rid of. :-) Its been dead for awhile though:
http://www.alfa-kars.com/owners_cars/jeff_johnson_green_full.jpg
On 20 Oct 2005 05:36:02 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote:

damn, must have a web somewhere.... check for eggs!!
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
lol! Yeah really. It does eat oil when its alive.

It probably does not have time, spends most of it's time surfing the web.......mjh

If you leave them alone they will grow up to be dust bunnies, and even later they will become tumbleweeds. At that point you just open the door turn on the old leaf blower and out they go
On the other hand, if the wife is handy at this stage she can make small baskets out of them, and sell them for profit .Perhaps she could be persuaded to plough some of those profits back into the shop as new equipment, just a thought......mjh