Spiders

Actually, if he's sprinkle borax, he'd kill a bunch.

Reply to
George

You sure you didn't ingest a little of that wacky tobbacky they grow down there in them mountain dells? Rhinos, emus and steers, yeah, right...

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

I don't mind the spiders so much, but my shop is on the same floor as my basement, and the wife and 3 daughters scream everytime they see a wolf spider, and they get pretty big at my place. Here's a picture of one I found before we finished the basement. I thought he was the exception, but I've killed about 5 others this size at the place:

astutesolutions

Maybe you should tell your wife how spiders get rid of all sorts of other bugs like flies, mosquitoes and a number of other pests.

Reply to
Upscale

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:00:06 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Fly-by-Night CC quickly quoth:

Nope. I quit -all- that stuff just over 2 decades ago. But the powder must be working: I haven't seen ANY rhinos here. Steers are a mainstay on the nearby ranches, and the emu was a real fun photo op that day.

----------------------------------------------- I'll apologize for offending someone...right after they apologize for being easily offended.

Inoffensive Web Design

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Wolf spiders are stalkers. The web types, which the OP seems to have implied with his "sawdust" reference, would feed on the mobile stuff.

No consolation to his wife, I'm sure, but the big ones help control mice.

Reminds me - time to set traps. Getting cold outside, and mice, like spiders, will find a way in.

Reply to
George

Her response would be that a bug guy would get rid of all of it. Thats a big spider though. Anything smaller than a quarter I can see your point, but when it gets that big and I'm worried about it jamming my motors if it gets in it, I kill it :). You can see a quarter next to the thing that I threw next to it for scale.

Reply to
astutesolutions

There is one big green spider in our garage that she doesn't want me to get rid of. :-) Its been dead for awhile though:

astutesolutions

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

lol! Yeah really. It does eat oil when its alive.

Reply to
astutesolutions

If you leave them alone they will grow up to be dust bunnies, and even later they will become tumbleweeds. At that point you just open the door turn on the old leaf blower and out they go

On the other hand, if the wife is handy at this stage she can make small baskets out of them, and sell them for profit .Perhaps she could be persuaded to plough some of those profits back into the shop as new equipment, just a thought......mjh

Reply to
mike hide

It probably does not have time, spends most of it's time surfing the web.......mjh

Reply to
mike hide