Speed Bloc Speed Problem

My Speed Bloc has started to operate at a much faster speed. The manual does not mention any brake / clutch pad that needs replacement. Any ideas? Thanks, JG

It is just a motor that spins. Could you have possibly been using an extension cord prior to it speeding up?
Hi Leon, It was a 12 gauge 10' cord. My shop is in the country and voltage fluctuations are common. They have been working on a small transformer station down the road. Maybe there is a connection. And yes, with an increase in speed the sander worked faster making it tough to control. I am back in the shop today so I will se if the problem still exists. Cheers, JG
Leon wrote:

I would wonder if maybe you are receiving more that the normal voltage to your house now if the work is being done in the area. The sander should not be hard to control. On another note, my sander started vibrating badly and seemed to run faster about a year ago and pieces started coming off of the base. I ended up replacing the base and the sander vibrated less and worked like new.
Hi Leon, I feel like such a goof as I should have mentioned this before. A day or so before this problem was noticed, the sander started to make a sick noise. It turned out that a ring had come off the shaft that joins the paper clips on one end of the sander and they we vibrating like crazy, so I took them off. I guess replacing the base or at least the clips is worth trying. Thanks, JG
Leon wrote:

Yeah been there and done that. I removed the spring clamps and ended up putting them back on to stop the out of control vibration. The whole pad assembly is available for about $35.