Speed Bloc Speed Problem

My Speed Bloc has started to operate at a much faster speed. The manual does not mention any brake / clutch pad that needs replacement. Any ideas? Thanks, JG

Reply to
JGS

It is just a motor that spins. Could you have possibly been using an extension cord prior to it speeding up?

Reply to
Leon

I would wonder if maybe you are receiving more that the normal voltage to your house now if the work is being done in the area. The sander should not be hard to control. On another note, my sander started vibrating badly and seemed to run faster about a year ago and pieces started coming off of the base. I ended up replacing the base and the sander vibrated less and worked like new.

Reply to
Leon

Yeah been there and done that. I removed the spring clamps and ended up putting them back on to stop the out of control vibration. The whole pad assembly is available for about $35.

Reply to
Leon