Species Identification (1800's Accordeon)

Greetings. I have started working with the restoration of mid 1800's accordeons. I would like help in identifying the veneer/wood species. There is not much information on these instruments, however one accounts states that the veneer was rosewood with holly lines (accent trim). Most of the instruments were imported into the USA from Paris France, however others were also made in the USA. To my untrained eye, the wood looks like walnut, or rosewood, however factors such as age, finish, lighting, etc. make it even more difficult to tell. All help is greatly appreciated.
Thirty (30) pictures (a total of eight (8) accordeons) are posted on
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyacc
Please take a look and let me know what you think the species are. If possible, please let me know which picture(s) are more conclusive, or characteristic of your identification.
Thank you in advance. Andy
Andy wrote:

Perhaps you should start with *Accordions* they're better to restore. ;-)
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

I'm no expert but it looks like rosewood to me. Too much variation in color to be walnut, mainly visible in the bottom views. Of course, there are many species of rosewood...
-Leuf