Specialty Door Revisited

Taking the cue from Ed's previous post, about the small door installed on a tree hole http://gawker.com/5992946/san-francisco-community-rallys-around-mysterious-elf-door-found-in-tree
I made one, with a few extras, to fit between tree roots: http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/
It's been donated to the Master Gardeners for their fund raiser, coming up April 20th.
Sonny

Great. Some of those projects are more fun that the big ones.
On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 9:07:00 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Yep, it was fun. And similarly as the response to the San Francisco door w as, part of the fun is knowing/anticipating the positive response it will g et, later. I've had similar anticipated and resulting responses from child ren who have recieved the child rockers I donate to fund raisers and to chi ldren, of poverty status, to whom I give chairs to.
Sonny

Cute. Think you should add a mini-mailbox with the name A.Squirrel printed on it.
On Thursday, April 4, 2013 12:36:17 AM UTC-6, Upscale wrote:

Yep, any little tidbit of accessory or "something different" appeal, to pro mote catching one's attention. The ladies mentioned the doorways would lik ely attract the attention of many buyers.... hinting I should make more!? Similarly, the small wheel barrows I donated last fall caught many gardener 's eye as quaint and unique. Several of the women master gardeners want on e for themselves, so I have these on my list of to-dos.
Sonny
On 4/3/2013 5:49 PM, Sonny wrote:

http://gawker.com/5992946/san-francisco-community-rallys-around-mysterious-elf-door-found-in-tree

A master of whimsy, you are ... really love that kind of stuff, along with the attitude/mindset it takes to bring it to life.
Well done!
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On Thursday, April 4, 2013 11:33:46 AM UTC-6, Swingman wrote:

I've had lots of practice with whimsy and the like. Having no children, ma ny of my past "token" projects were for nieces and nephews, as they were gr owing up. These days, I now unload these tokens on their children. One on ce requested a Harry Potter magic wand.
Sonny
On 4/3/2013 5:49 PM, Sonny wrote:

http://gawker.com/5992946/san-francisco-community-rallys-around-mysterious-elf-door-found-in-tree

This one I love, piratical and cute. No room for junk mail! LOL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/8616883455/in/photostream/
On Friday, April 5, 2013 2:55:10 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:
Thanks. I was happy it came out as well as it did. The first attempt didn't have an inner wood core and the main body distorted all sorts of ways, when trying to add other aspects to it. An inner wood core is a must.
Sonny
On 4/6/2013 9:04 AM, Sonny wrote:

have an inner wood core and the main body distorted all sorts of ways, when trying to add other aspects to it. An inner wood core is a must.

Ahhh that makes perfect sense, that darn 20/20 hind site is wonerful huh? I'd of tried it hollow first too. LOL