Special Tool Needed

Been drilling holes in discs and other round type objects that are around 1". The things like to spin on me. Tried some suggestions here, ie, slowing down the motor speed, which helped a lot, and carpet tape, which just spun with the object. On some of the objects I can get a pair of pliers around the object to hold it. Pliers mare the surface of the object. I tried tape wrapped around the pliers which worked a little but still some maring. I'm going to try cotton balls then tape, but does anyone know if there's some sort of plier type gripping tool that's available? I tried looking on google but if there is, I don't know what it's called.

Do a search for "strap wrench".
Upscale wrote:

LOML bought me one that is called "Grip Wrench". Probably available at Borgs and HF. Works well for what it's supposed to do which is what you need.     mahalo,     jo4hn
Forgot about those things. They would work, but how easy and quickly can objects be removed from them. Wonder if there's something like pliers that would be easy and quick to release the piece and grab the next?
jo4hn wrote:

Recent post described a 14" strip of wood with proper sized hole near one end and a sawkerf from the long dimension to the hole. Insert disk to be drilled and squeeze the kerf closed, dril, release and repeat.

Only if named incorectly.

Drill vise with vee blocks.
Wes