Speaking of TSP

TSP makes a great paint remover. Years ago(60's) in Popular Mechanics, they had an article about mixing TSP (can't remember the mix ratio) and water. Heating it up to just below boiling, and use as a paint remover. I tried it in the late 70's and it took lots of coats of paint off an old childs chair. I truned a neighbor on to it, as he restored old houses, and after trying it, had a tank made that he could put loovered shutters and doors in, with a propane burner below it. It saved him mega hours work. It works! K PS: If you leave things in long the wood turns to pulp!
Yep, that's an extension of what it was primarily used for - dulling and "toothing" enamel for repainting.

they
it in

it, had

propane