Speaking of ordering wood by mail

Speaking of ordering wood by mail, I was about to place a considerable order with a company called "Mail Order Woods".

Site -

have a rather extensive selection, and pretty darn good prices across the board. Free shipping too, and we know how heavy wood is. Has anyone done any business with them? They seem like a new company, but their website is just plain awesome....especially for guys like us.

Any feedback? I'm about to place an order that would cost almost double if I bought locally instead.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I really don't understand someone like that proving his (or her) lack of mental capacity with every post. He/she must like to be ridiculed.

Now I suppose I'll be the next target :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Okay - ya I fell for it. Laughed pretty damned hard too. Dark and twisted - my kind of humor.

Brings up a real topic though - what are some of the better internet sites for ordering plywoods and such?

I've been dealing with Liberty out of Iowa for about, well, 7 hours. My first foray into ordering wood. Nice to kiss Home Depot. Not that I don't love them - just limited.

Any recommendations?

Reply to
MN Guy

Used to be, "Do you have Prince Albert in a can," to the local tobacco purveyor. Then, "You'd better let him out before he suffocates" as the caller choked and giggled.

Do they still sell cans of pipe tobacco?

Charlie Self "Property is not the sacred right. When a rich man becomes poor it is a misfortune, it is not a moral evil. When a poor man becomes destitute, it is a moral evil, teeming with consequences and injurious to society and morality." Lord Acton

Reply to
Charlie Self

No need to disclaim responsibility, Mark. The posts have obvious, unmistakable indicators when they come from an anonymous remailer. No way can the impersonation be mistaken for a valid post even if you don't use a filter. I'll not define the indicators, but I don't think the impersonator can defeat them even if it knows what they are.

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

Should be glad you too have Liberty in Iowa. Bought all my plywood and lumber from Liberty Hardwood in KC. Much cheaper than HD, Lowes or Paxton. Their 4/4 red oak F1F W/T Tieside or (railroad ties) is $2.15 B/F. Occasionally, they have sales on plywood. Last years I bought, Alda, Alisa (spell?) and Meranti plywood. Their drawer ball bearing slide (equivalent to Accuride) is dirt cheap.

Reply to
WD

My _grandfather_, operator of a general store, bit on that one, once. A few months later, he gets a phone call, and recognizes the *same* "luscious-sounding" female voice. Calling on a Sunday. Asking _the_ question. To which he breezily replied:

"Why no, my dear, I just let the old chap out to go to Sunday School."

And the _caller_ hung up in frustration.

Being a 'troublemaker' _does_ run in the family!

I saw tins of Prince Albert as recently as a few years ago.

Even 15-20 years ago, the brand was considerably less expensive in the 'pouch'. I've got _no_ idea about prices these days.

An unopened tin kept the contents 'like new' for practically forever, or so I'm told;

Reply to
Robert Bonomi