Speaking of nail guns ... Second try

I few weeks ago I posted about my brad nailer leak problem.

that thread one tip was to grease everything but, I first got a new head valve because the old one has damaged. It was like someone took a pair of pliers to one of the seals and bent it out.

Well the new part didn't help and greasing the hell out of the head valve didn't help either.

Any other ideas? I have since learned how nail guns work and I can't see anything that's causing the problem.

My current solution is to add a ball valve to the gun so I don't have to unplug it every time I stop for more than a minute.

Reply to
Cliff Hartle

On 2/11/2012 2:22 PM, Cliff Hartle wrote: ...

OK, what are the symptoms now and which specific (I recall Bostitch, not model) nailer? Hard to believe if had problem w/ the valve you replaced described it didn't make any difference; if same symptoms as originally must not have been the problem to begin with (sorta' an obvious there, granted)....

The trigger assembly valve is the primary problem in most cases ime w/ my Bostitch--in fact, other than the hammer in a stapler once, it's the only thing I've ever had to replace.

--

Reply to
dpb

Yes its a Bostitch.

The symptoms are, as I pump up the air pressure, more and more air leaks out the exhaust port. At 50 psi its almost non existent, a slight hiss. At 100 its like I have a 1/8" hole somewhere in the gun.

I was sure its was the one part because it was damaged.

This was not a gradual problem. I had a bad jam with a 2" brad and that's when it started.

Reply to
Cliff Hartle