Speaking of Compressors...

Page 2 of 2
On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 23:48:07 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

Price out that 8" pipe and you'll probably buy a receiver.
It also depends on the point of use of the air. If it is all used in one place, why pipe the entire perimeter with 8" pipe?
We have our machine area piped with 4" on the perimeter and have a receiver at each end. To the rest of the plant, a 3/4" copper line handles it all as it is only maintenance use.
Aside from everything else, check local laws. In our state, receivers and safety valves must be permitted and be inspected every two years. That 5 HP compressor many of you have in the garage is OK, but in a factory, the tank is subject to inspection.