Spax Screws

What's not to like about a screw? ;).

Newfoundland (note the capitalized "N", are big friendly beasts but the darned things are about the size of a Shetland Pony and I would hate to have to feed one. Also, 1982 was still a bit too close to the adoption of the red maple leaf flag. I know even my dad, a WWII vet, swore that his flag was the Canadian Ensign (small Union Jack on a red field with the Canadian Coat of Arms in the corner) 'cause that was the flag he served and fought over. So I imagine that in 1982 there were still a lot of vets and others to whom the red maple leaf was too new, too different or whatever.

But a Robertson Screw! It doesn't get any better than that!

Reply to
Doug Brown

I'd agree - the best out there.

BTW, Robertson was quite a prolific inventor. He also invented the tracer bullet in WWI.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

Did you verify that with Mrs. Robertson?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
Grandpa

Phillips bits are designed to cam-out when overtorqued.

Robertson/square bits are designed not to cam-out when overtorqued.

Slot bits slip out very often...

Grandpa wrote:

Reply to
Daniel

A Robertson screwdriver will hold the screw and allow you to drive the screw with one hand. With a Philips, you have to use one hand to hold the screw and the other to drive it. This makes it much easier to drive a screw in an ackward spot with a Robertson. After a lifetime of using Robertson and all the others, I'd have to say it is the best overall.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

Don't ask the Secretary.

".... if caught or captured, the Secretary will disavow all knowledge.." :)

Reply to
Robert Bonomi