sparks from router blade

I was just rounding the edges of end grain on a project, when I saw a few sparks coming off of the router blade. The wood is a tropical wood like teak. I had sanded the edge before I started routering. So it could be coming from a trace of sand or the wood.
Has any one else had a similiar experience?
Tue, Dec 11, 2007, 7:27pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@flash.net (AlHolstein) doth query: <snip> Has any one else had a similiar experience? Yep. But from homemade wood not imported. Apparently from hard wood, routing too fast, and applying too much pressure. Been quite while,don't recall what type of wood.

Got that once routing mdf. God only knows what's in that stuff.
jc
Al Holstein wrote:

after sundown when you can see them.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Would these be electrical flashes I wonder?
Static electricity and all that?
Jeff
--
Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK
email : Username is amgron
Jeff Gorman wrote:

I doubt it. Electrical sparks generally go from one object to another. These just fly out like a spark from a flint.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA
On Dec 13, 11:35 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

I was a using carbide tipped bit when I saw it. It was like described as a spark for a flint. Thanks to everyone for their responses.
Al
Jeff Gorman wrote:

Maybe. Or embedded metal staples, barbed wire from eons ago, etc..
Gerald Ross wrote:

You can get this effect from breaking a Wintergreen Certs in half. It's a release of chemical bond energy in the form of light.