Sparks?

Does anyone know why my Bostitch Framing Nailer (N88WWB) shoots out sparks every time I shoot a 3 1/4" nail? Is this defective, or is it just the way it is?

Reply to
dave12345

It's common. There are even warnings not to use framing nailers around flammable materials because of the occurrence.

Reply to
Nova

Yup, sure been that way as long as I have been using them. I have never had any framing nailer that >didn't< spark.

Not sure at this point I would trust one the didn't throw off a good spark now and then.

(Just kidding)

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Yes, they do that and its normal. I believe it is caused by the violent separation of the nail from the thin wire that hold the nails together. Also, make sure you place a few drops of oil down the air feed before each days use.

Reply to
Joe Bemier

I see sparks occasionally when using my PC finish nailers and the nails are glued together.

Reply to
RayV

I have seen sparks when using a regular hammer on framing nails. I strongly suspect it is the striker hitting the nail that creates the spark. My Senco finish nailer does this occasionally also.

Reply to
Leon