Spalted wood stain

Does anyone know if it's possible to eliminate the stain from spalting? I'm working with some very slightly spalted quilted maple (I didn't notice the slight stains when I purchased it), but it's become bothersome as I've worked with it. I've tried chlorine bleach, but it doesn't seem to have any effect. I don't think oxalic acid will do it (not a metal stain) either.
Suggestions appreciated...
Cliff
cdo wrote:

Guy in this thread says oxalic removes his spalting stains.
http://www.woodweb.com/cgi-bin/forums/veneer.pl?read85958
Thanks, I'll try the oxalic acid...
Cliff

Worked fine for me.

Oxalic acid didn't even begin to remove the streaks. Evidently it is true spalting and not a metallic stain.
Cliff