Spalted Maple Veneer

Anyone know where I can get such a thing? Need it to be at least 14" long, wider the better.
I've checked a number of sources, can't seem to find it anywhere. Any tips, ideas or thoughts appreciated.
John Emmons
Where you been looking ???
http://www.certainlywood.com/index.htm
http://www.wood-veneers.com /
http://www.flamingoveneer.com /
John Emmons wrote:

Thanks for the various links, none of them have spalted maple listed. The last one was basically non-existent as it wouldn't open.
Any other ideas?
John Emmons

Slice it. I do. Mark for bookmatch for even # of pieces, slip match odd #.

I would if I had a bandsaw. But I don't and I currently don't have room for one. I wanted to try the veneer on a box project I'm working on. The search goes on...
John

I don't know that I've ever seen spalted maple as a veneer before. By it's very nature (it's rotten wood), it's not very stable and cutting to a 1/32 or 1/40 veneer probably would not work very well.
Your best bet is to find some spalted maple (or beech) boards and resaw them yourself to a thicker veener (1/8 or 1/16) that would provide some stability. I've done that before with good results.
Just my 2 cents.
Gary in KC

Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com