Spalted Board Box-Joint Jig

As requested to be reposted to rec.woodworking:
The membership of The Spalted Board is doing something to help all woodworkers. Through the collective wisdom of all of the members we are designing the Ultimate Finger Joint Jig. We want to take a troublesome joint and make it easy and incredibly accurate. Then once we have a working plan we are going to post the plans on the site for anyone to have for free!
For more details, and to submit your ideas and suggestions, please visit this link:
http://www.spaltedboard.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=forum&board=General&op=display&num 11&start Thanks, Brian
Not sure what you're looking for here. I read your site, and I feel there are published jigs that handle that for both the router and the TS. The only issue on the TS is getting a flat tooth blade, and anything thicker than 1/8 is rather expensive. GerryG
On 3 Mar 2005 15:53:14 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gator.net wrote:

Given the parameters and some of the responses, I think the participants are interested in intricate elegance - in the jig, not the result.
Incra, indeed! Watch the old bird on The Router Workshop adjust the fit with a hammer once or twice. You really need precision....

accuracy. I have an old jig for the router, but haven't used it since I set up the Incra. I sometimes need longer fingers than are convenient on the router, and just bought a flat grind blade for the TS, so I'll be making a jig there. GerryG

Precision leads to accuracy. You make deeper than 1" fingers? I find 1" with a spiral carbide is no sweat.