Sources for UHMW or HDPE

Anyone have some good cheap sources for this stuff?
Im looking for a peice about 36" long x 4" wide about 3/4" or more thickness.
Thanks, Rob
You can reply to me at r_b_v at v_e_r_z_e_r_a doht c_o_m (remove the _ to get the address)
Rob V wrote:

I don't think there are cheap sources (and it's going to get "less cheap" the higher oil goes) unless you can find a fab facility w/ scrap.
Rockler and Woodworkers Supply I think I've seen it in catalogs...
Machine tooling suppliers such as Enco, McMaster Carr and KBC sell it for less than the woodworking stores. max

max wrote:

... top posting repaired...

Yeah, you know how it goes...I thought of that just <after> "RETURN"... :)
LeeValley used to carry some http://www.leevalley.com
Bob S.

I've a pile of skeletons of 48" x 96" x 1" black HDPE that you can come and haul off (as much as you want). Mostly irregular shapes, but may have enough for what you want.
I'm near Winston-Salem, NC.
Regards,
Rick
hdpe can be had at resturant suppliers as cutting boards.
try Grainger.com as well. They may have a local store in your area. Also, when I was looking for some there was quite a bit on ebay.

Look for the plastics distributors such as Cadillac, Regal etc if there is one in your town. Ask if they have any drops close to what you need - much cheaper than having one cut. Good luck.