Source of Hardwood near B'ham, AL

We've just moved to Alabaster (south of b'ham) and I almost have my shop back in order.
I've been searching for a good source of hardwood in the area (cherry, walnut, exotics even) that sells to the public. I do see various places mentioned in the groups but the posts are old and it's hard to tell which places are still around and which ones aren't.
What's a good source of hardwood that sells to the public?
Any info is greatly appreciated to help me get settled into my new hometown.
TIA,
~chris

Hardwoods, Inc. of Alabama used to be located in Jemison (to your south), but their Web site says they've relocated to Alabaster.
http://www.hardwoodweb.com/distribution/hia.cfm
In their old location they sold to the public. I don't know whether that changed with their relocation.
The folks at Woodcraft in Pelham might be able to suggest some other local sources.
--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact /
CG wrote:

BTW, this is off topic, but there is a great woodworking club in B'hmg and an outstanding woodturning club. In fact the turners meet this Saturday at 9:00AM in Homewood, just up the road from you. If you are into turning at all, they will be giving away some Bradford Pear that was harvested off the median of US 31 in Hoover this Saturday.
Here is the website
http://alabamawoodturners.com /
Deb