Source for Thick Ipe

Folks -
I have a prospective client that wants a prototype lamp built out of Doug Fir and Ipe. DF is no problem, but the base of the lamp is made out of 2" blocks of Ipe. I can't find anything close to that thickness at all, and even finding Kiln Dried stock is spotty. Do any of you have any leads for sources. The lamp/lamps won't take much so internet sources via UPS would probably work. I am in Northern California..
TIA
John Moorhead
Try a decking supplier.
http://www.ipedepot.com / Look at the price list link, they show 2 1/2", and up to 4x4 (3 1/2")
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:26:57 -0700, John Moorhead wrote

There is a place in Phoenix that had a good special on 20BF packs via UPS. It seems to me that Ipe could be laminated into thick blocks without grain matching worries. Do a google search on "hardwood Phoenix" or something similar.
-Bruce
John, try www.pals4wood.com in Oakland. If they don't have 8/4, I'd be really surprised. I know they have a bunch of similar types.
Find out what you need, and ping me on the private, and maybe I can work something out...
Patriarch
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:26:57 GMT, "John Moorhead"

As far as I have found the only thick ipe is decking stock. the wood is usually darker and denser then the kd lumber I get. but the bad news it is usually way to wet to use right away. and it takes years to dry out a 4x4. https://www.emersonhardwood.com/cchw/ it is about 5.5 a bf and they ship too. they only carry 4/4 though.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Steve Knight wrote:

FWIW, Connecticut Wood Group <http://www.cwghardwoodoutlet.com/order.htm has 8/4 KD in stock--they get it from Argentina, where it's called "Lapacho" but it's the same species. Standing next to a piece of black walnut it's hard to tell them apart by looking at them. Pick them up though and the difference is obvious.
Not sure if CWG ships, but worth a try.
--
--John