Source for reverse (left) thread nut?

Hi,

Can someone direct me to a cheap source for reverse thread nuts? I need one for my trimmer, but the mail-order parts distributor (for Ryobi)P wants $13 for one. I'd like to find something more reasonable.

Thanks, H

Reply to
Hylourgos

Try McMaster-Carr:

will need to know the diameter and TPI

Leslie

Reply to
Leslie Gossett

I once tried to find a 5 mm ID left-hand 5 mm nut to replace the the lost nut that was supposed to hold the fan onto the fan-clutch assembly on the 'Murican-made mini-van. I searched the entire NorCal area, including the SF Bay area.

I ended up replacing the fan-clutch assembly for $170. Actually, THEY ended up replacing it, it was under warranty.

-JBB

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

if all else fails, get a right handed on and turn it upside down.

Reply to
Walter H. Klaus

Turn it in the other direction...

Honestly, try Fastenal.

Reply to
newbie

I think that only works in Australia

Reply to
Jeremy Hopkins

think you'd have to turn it inside out and backwards to get it to come out right

Reply to
Silvan

Hylourgos wrote: : Hi,

: Can someone direct me to a cheap source for reverse thread nuts? I : need one for my trimmer, but the mail-order parts distributor (for : Ryobi)P wants $13 for one. I'd like to find something more reasonable.

Try to find the largest Ace hardware in your area. They'll carry them. I bought one for my Jet TS for about $2.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss