Source for Mesquite in Houston

Looking for a few boards of Mesquite wood in the west Houston area on an upcoming business trip. Directions to sellers or suppliers would be appreciated. Also links to woodworking or woodturning groups in the Houston area would also be appreciated

Reply to
Stephen

Clarke Hardwood Lumber and Houston Hardwoods both have mesquite. Bring gold.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

The link should have been this one.

Lowell Holmes

Stephen wrote in news:eqXQd.412800$8l.243683@pd7tw1no:

Hi Stphen, Although I am not in Houston (about 3.5 hours West), I stock Kiln Dried Mesquite in four grades/price ranges. I am loading my kiln with a fresh batch of wood. If you need something beside 4/4 or 8/4, let me know and I can cut the thicknesses you need while processing the sawlogs. I can ship wood to you if you would like if you don't find something to fit your needs in Houston. I have a price list you can download at

Ya'll have fun in Houston.

Reply to
Michael Burton

Ouch. Information is good, but I was unaware of the local cost for kiln-dried boards, of what I have been thinking of as a ditchweed despite it's attractive finish capabilities. I'd want a couple of short boards anyway for some small furniture type projects.

As an alternative, do you have suggestions on woodturning groups in Houston to go and visit in March?

Reply to
Stephen

Stephen wrote in news:_TARd.430933$Xk.193638@pd7tw3no:

The Cutting Edge will be hosting a series of woodturning workshops by internationally renowned turner Lyle Jamieson March 19-22, 2005. It is in Southwest Houston. They are really nice folks. For more information go here

Michael Burton

Would you ship to Canada?

Tom

Michael Burton (mhburton@tbird-hardwoodsdotcom) wrote: : Stephen wrote in news:eqXQd.412800$8l.243683@pd7tw1no:

: > Looking for a few boards of Mesquite wood in the west Houston area on : > an upcoming business trip. Directions to sellers or suppliers would : > be appreciated. Also links to woodworking or woodturning groups in the : > Houston area would also be appreciated

: Hi Stphen, : Although I am not in Houston (about 3.5 hours West), I stock Kiln : Dried Mesquite in four grades/price ranges. I am loading my kiln with a : fresh batch of wood. If you need something beside 4/4 or 8/4, let me know : and I can cut the thicknesses you need while processing the sawlogs. : I can ship wood to you if you would like if you don't find something : to fit your needs in Houston. I have a price list you can download at :

: Ya'll have fun in Houston. : -- : Michael Burton : Thunderbird Hardwoods : Llano, TX

: mhburton at tbird-hardwoods dot com

--

Reply to
Thomas D. Ireland