Source for hasps, hinges, locks, etc.

Where do you buy your hasps, hinges, locks, small knobs, etc.?
Not looking for kitchen/bath stuff but more like shadow box, chests and boxes, award boxes, trophy displays
Cheap and/or museum quality is fine and I'd like to find both really
.
On 2/23/2015 10:55 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

Lee Valley for an almost endless supply of most anything you would need.
http://www.leevalley.com/US/Hardware/Index.aspx
On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 12:55:37 -0600

I think I have bought from them this is where you buy your stuff?

Unless things have changed recently - I believe that Lee Valley will guarantee your satisfaction - and even pay return shipping - - if you are not satisfied. ie : nothing to lose. John T.
--- ---
On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 19:07:16 -0500 snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.com wrote:

Their shipping is a little high but they have a lot of things there's always something to lose of course time wasted on getting the wrong part, etc.
might try them out

Keep an eye out for their Free Shipping Events - about 4 times per year or so - usually a $ 40. minimum. < the most recent just finished yesterday > John T.
--- ---
On 2/24/2015 9:10 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

If you get on their mailing list they, a couple of times a year, offer free shipping with a $40 minimum order.
FWIW they aim to please. I ordered 3 LED lamps for my wife for Christmas. 1 was DOA, a call to LV and another was immediately shipped with return postage for the defective unit. After they received the defective unit they followed up with a personal letter indicating they they received the returned unit and to apologize for the problem again.
On Tue, 24 Feb 2015 12:31:45 -0600

good to know can make a difference on a small order

good service usually means higher prices but that's ok
some places now are just saying keep the broken one we'll send a new one
I have even had the wrong part shipped to me and they said not to bother shipping it back and refunded my full amount
to ship back someone's got to pay for it, I have to take it somewhere, either post office, fedex, ups, etc. then someone has to receive it at their end and it's just not worth it for them in some cases
On 2/24/2015 2:06 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

That is pretty common when postage is going to be more expensive than eating the cost of the part and dealing with handling and shipping back to the manufacturer. My lamps were $30 each.

I buy pulls and decorative items there. They have a relatively large catalog that I show my customers so that they can choose what they like. I buy my slides locally and Blum hunger from cabinet makers hardware.

Blum hinges, not hunger.
Electric Comet wrote:

"Leon" wrote:

Kill two birds with one stone.
They have replacement router bit bearings.
Lew
On Monday, February 23, 2015 at 12:00:02 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:

re: Cheap *and/or* museum quality ...
Cheap *or* museum quality is certainly doable.
Cheap *and* museum quality might be a little tough, unless you are willing to settle for 2 separate pieces - one cheap, the other museum quality.
Oh wait, that takes us back to *or*.
On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 08:55:02 -0800, Electric Comet

Cabinetparts.com?

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 08:55:02 -0800, Electric Comet

high quality stuff.
http://www.brusso.com/

This company has always had a good selection at a good price.
http://www.thehardwarehut.com/
Then there is
http://www.whitechapel-ltd.com/
And