Source for a 12" x 1" steel blade?

Hello to the group,     I am wondering if anyone out there knows of a source for a 12" steel (not carbide) blade with a 1" bore? I have searched my a** off looking for one. Hoping for fine toothed/plywood blade but seems I can only find them in 10".     Thought perhaps some of you may have some sources I cant seem to get on the net.
Thanks, Mark

If you are only cutting plywood, whats wrong with using the 10"?
Dave
Teamcasa wrote:

Dave,     I am not using it to cut plywood. I am using it in a 12" CMS to cut plastic similar to, but more brittle than, vinyl siding and would be running it backwards similar to the way you cut siding.     I am trying to avoid purchasing a 100+ tooth carbide blade similar to what you would use to cut fine, highly detailed, aluminum extrusions. These are the only blades I can imagine would cut thin, hard, vinyl when installed with blade in its designed rotation. Even then there is still the chance of a tooth catching and chipping. I was tempted to try an 80 but thought this would be an easier route.     I cant run a 10" blade in the CMS as it wont reach the table and dont want to have make an elevated table or anything.     I thought perhaps there may still be companies making 12" steel blades like they do 10".
Mark
Simonds makes systimatic blades. They have the blade you seek: http://www.simondsinternational.com/catalogs/systimatic500/08plymaster.htm

DanG wrote:

    Ya, thats a carbide blade. Not looking for carbide i.e. (not carbide). I am using it to cut thin, hard, vinyl and I have not had any luck cutting this material with any blade (up to an 80 tooth 10") oriented in its designed direction. The best results are cutting the material with a fine steel blade running backwards. I had been doing this with a 10" CMS but am now using a 12".     My only option may be to purchase a high dollar 100+ tooth carbide but was trying to avoid it.
Thanks, Mark
I think ShopSmith uses a 1" bore on their machines .. .. they probably have a blade like that.
M&S wrote:

Mcmaster-carr shows one #3973a64 that's steel,12", 1" bore, 150 tooth, 6400 max rpm- 31.30 US dollars that was in the #104 catalog Pat
patrick mitchel wrote:

ooo man, I thought you had it. Their current catalog/web shows that blade no longer available and offers a 122.00 carbide as a substite. Thanks a lot though!!
Mark

Can you use a composition cutoff wheel, or would that be too wide a kerf?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

non carbide 12" blade (1" bore) 200tooth for 75 dollah murrican- if at first you don''t succeed- Pat
patrick mitchel wrote:

Hehe, you are the man. I need a lesson on search strings from you. Thanks for the link.
Mark
Side note, Just for the hell of it I punched the makita model # into ebay and I picked one up brand new shipped to my door for 47.00. Thanks again Patrick...
Mark