SOS: Just Fell - A BIG Mimosa

May end up in the fire place. Located mid Willamette Valley Oregon. Respond if interested. Dan

Reply to
dan.c.quinn

I had a Mimosa tree die on my property several years ago. It had a relatively straight trunk. I couldn't resist. I cut into managable lengths and stored the logs for about two years. When I cut the logs into useable boards, I was amazed at how beautiful the wood was. It was very dark with a nice grain pattern. On the down side the wood about choked me to death while machining it. I don't know if it was just a reaction I had, or if the wood has some toxicity. I couldn't find much on Google about the properties of the wood itself.

Reply to
ron

Wow, This past spring when I cut down a mimosa I too got a skin reaction.. Must be toxic! I was only using a chain saw so I'm thinking it may be the oils in the wood. .. SD

Reply to
S H O P D O G

Mon, Sep 3, 2007, 9:51am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (ron) doth sayeth: . On the down side the wood about choked me to death while machining it. I don't know if it was just a reaction I had, or if the wood has some toxicity. I couldn't find much on Google about the properties of the wood itself.

Try this.

is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

It might be best not to burn a toxic wood in the fireplace.

Reply to
Gerald Ross