Sorta OT: having surgery Monday

Best Wishes Doug. Thanks for all your geek help in the past, and with every hope for a quick and complete recovery.

Cheers

Frank

Reply to
Frank McVey
[snip]

Hmmmm, I wonder if my writers cramp problem could be related to this (40 years of keyboarding) or is a result of the occasional numbness in hands and arms from the broken neck and spinal fusion?

Consider yourself joined, hang in, and good luck.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Good luck.

RB

Doug Miller wrote:

Reply to
RB

I'm not much for prayer, Doug, but you certainly have my best wishes and hopes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Reply to
Lazarus Long

We're with you Doug.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Thu, Apr 29, 2004, 6:25pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug=A0Miller) says: I have a pinched nerve in the carpal tunnel, which has resulted in significant atrophy of one of the major muscles in my thumb.

Bet that plays Hell with hitchiking.

JOAT If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.

- Phil Pastoret

Reply to
J T

Best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Remember, keep it light. Be sure to ask the doctor if you will be able to play the piano after the surgery. (I'm sure you know the punch line)

Dustmaker.

Reply to
Dustmaker

Doug,

We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Good luck and speedy recovery!

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Probably not the best time for me to wonder about this; but do you suppose surgeons are somehow divided into norms and neanders?

Reply to
Morris Dovey

BAD,

I had a joint replaced in the 80's by Dr. Jack Tupper out of Oakland. He was considered the premier hand surgeon in Northern California at the time -- he was even on "That's Incredible" for having reattached four fingers on a woman who had gotten caught in a paper shredder.

He ran me with a general, but a replacement is a bit complicated -- and as they used to say "That was then, this is now."

I doubt that he is still practicing medicine, but I'm currious about your Bay Area Doctor's names and their locations.

Reply to
Salthead

Thank you.

Yes, of course -- the only thing is, I *can* play the piano *now*. Or at least I could before this problem started. Limited range of motion in the thumb gets in the way.

Doug Miller

Doug Miller notes:

Well, how about the banjo, then?

Good luck.

Charlie Self "I am confident that the Republican Party will pick a nominee that will beat Bill Clinton." Dan Quayle

Reply to
Charlie Self

I'm on it!

[ God really seems to be answering my prayers for others these days, so expect the best. Me, on the other hand, is pretty damned sure I'm going to get whacked for something soon. :) It's that Catholic upbringing, can't shake it... ]
Reply to
mttt

Better late than never......Best of luck on your surgery....

Reply to
George Berlinger

Thu, Apr 29, 2004, 10:12pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@iedu.com (Morris=A0Dovey) ponders: do you suppose surgeons are somehow divided into norms and neanders?

Yep. Them that stabples, and them that stitches.

JOAT If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.

- Phil Pastoret

Reply to
J T

I feel sorry for you having to have surgery. I was going to have a fistula (dialysis access in the arm) in January. The Dr. got half way into the surgery and my bp dropped to 36/16. I was closed up and surgery would happen another day. Twice after that I was scheduled for surgery but no go. Then finally, I went into surgery and had a graft put in. Later I had to have another surgery because it clotted closed.

-- Woody

Check out my Web Page at:

you will find:

******** How My Shop Works ******** 5-21-03

  • * * Build a DC Separator Can Lid. 1-14-03

  • * * DC Relay Box Building Plans. 1-14-03
  • * * The Bad Air Your Breath Everyday.1-14-03
  • * * What is a Real Woodworker? 2-8-03
  • * * Murphy's Woodworking Definitions. 2-8-03
  • * * Murphy's Woodworking Laws. 4-6-03
  • * * What is the true meaning of life? 1-14-03
  • * * Woodworker Shop Signs. 2-8-03
Reply to
Joe "Woody" Woodpecker