Sort of on topic - wooden floor

We are converting a church into a theatre and the wooden floor is causing some problems.

It seems to have been waxed and polished for the last seventy years or so with the result that it is very slippery indeed.

Has anyone any ideas on how I can preserve the look but lose the slip?

Mekon

Reply to
Mekon

probably the easiest thing to try first would be some non-skid wax. You may have to remove the existing was with a stripper.

Reply to
Charles

Charles responds:

There also used to be a dance floor wax that could just be sprinkled on the floor. Haven't seen it in many years, but...it was supposed to give a "controlled slip."

Charlie Self

"The income tax has made liars out of more Americans than golf." Will Rogers

Reply to
Charlie Self

It's still around. square dance clubs use it.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi