Soon to be Shop FS

After completing a few small projects I'll be selling the following power tools. Probable date available: March '07. Milwaukee,Chicago area, no delivery, inspection OK. Prices are somewhat negotiable but please don't insult me. I'll help load to the extent that an arthritic back allows. They are in a basement shop. All tools are in very good working condition except sander as noted. Sold as is, where is. Email for phone number. Pictures if requested.

small accessories

tested and found perfect. Price not negotiable

"Bob Schmall" wrote in message

Sorry to hear that ... hope you're doing well.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/25/06

extension,Delta mobile base, 2 blades (one a Forrest), Beismeyer fence, homade outfeed table,

wheels, dual inlet, @30 feet of hoses, PVC pipe, clamps, etc.> 8" Jointer Delta 200lbs $500 approx. 40 years old, excellent working condition, knives sharp, tables flat, mobile base, manual. Motor professionally

belt, stand, mobile base, extra belts & disks, Running, but needs TLC on switch.> Scroll saw Delta 100lbs $100 Older model with small table, runs well, spare blades, stand, wheels.
Never Enough Money wrote:

To build your next Dob?
"Dob?" as in
A telescope with a Newtonian optical design, that uses a Dobsonian mount. Invented by John Dobson, the Dobsonian mount is a relatively inexpensive Alt-Az mount, which allows the primary investment in a telescope to be vested in its optics. Dobsonian mounts have their greatest value at the two ends of the spectrum of telescope mounts: they allow beginners to enter amateur astronomy with less of a financial investment, and also are the only affordable mount for amateur astronomers who want a scope with a very large aperture (say, 14" and larger). Being non-computerized Alt-Az mounts, Dobs do not track celestial objects and must be moved by hand to keep an object in the field of view of the eyepiece, which can be somewhat difficult with a big Dob and a high-power eyepiece especially if the scope is aimed at the zenith (tracking can be added to a Dob but this tends to get expensive). On the other hand the view of a DSO such as a nebula through a large Dob can be breathtaking, which can lead to the expensive amateur astronomer's disease called aperture fever.
I'm missing the point. Please elaborate.

Never Enough Money wrote:

I answered this on the back channel, but for the Great Unwashed the key is that the mounts are made of wood and can be made in your shop using just hand tools. Or powah tools. The biggest one I know uses a mirror 42 inches in diameter. It can be transported.
Wish I were closer, would in interested in the Unisaw, but eastern PA is more than I would care to drive.
You may want to also put a message in the classified message forum at www.sawmillcreek.org. They get a lot of woodworker traffic on this site.
Dave Paine.
feet of hoses,

Tyke wrote:

Thanks to all for the messages. I do have an arthritic back, but it doesn't keep me from woodworking--just picking up things my wife wants moved.
I had brain surgery last September. Surgery on Tuesday, home on Friday--ain't it grand? Yes, I'm doing fine.
Reason for the sale: my wife retires next year and we'll be traveling around the country in an RV for at least a year, then home for a few weeks, then Australia/New Zealand, then home again, then RVing again. We'll store our stuff, but I don't want these tools to rust in an unheated storage unit. Also, adding the potential income from the sale and the savings in not storing the tools--which we will bank-- means that I can buy all new tools when we buy the next house, probably in '09. I'm saving Grizz catalogs.
That's more than you wanted to know, right?
Bob

Yeah, but it sounds like you are heading to a life of enjoyment by other means. Good luck!
Glad you're doing fine! Sounds like your new RV career will be quite nice. After you finish, you can sell the RV and buy all new tools. This works out nicely.

Never Enough Money wrote:

Bob
... snip

Nope; it's a relief to know that another woodworker is not being lost due to disability. Sounds like you have an enjoyable few years coming up. Best wishes.

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Cool thing: I was cruising TV channels a couple of months ago when I hit the Health Channel (whatever it's called) and got stopped by the image of a gigantic guy. Turns out he's Chinese, 20 years old, and 7'9". That's seven feet, nine inches. He's a basketball player, duh, with exactly the same benign tumor as mine. It's located in the brain next to the pituitary gland, which is the control for all the other glands. My blurred vision gave it away, but in his case it's a runaway thyroid that contributed to his size. I got to watch the exact same surgery they performed on me, but from the outside. Up into the nose with a tiny scope and an itty-bitty vacuum, through a couple of layers of eggshell bone, into the area around the carotid artery, optic nerves, and pituitary. Suck that sucker right out they did, and he's back on the court in 6 weeks. That's what being 20 will do for you.
Bob
Bob Schmall wrote:

All those tools and you had to go OUT for brain surgery?
Good luck on the trip, sounds great!
-Jim