Sommerfeld Router Table

I was recently at the Sacramento Woodworking show and came across a demonstration of Sommerfeld's router table. I was impressed as far as ease and workability. I have never seen a discussion about Sommerfeld. Does anyone know anything about them?
Sat, Apr 21, 2007, 5:34pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@cares.com doth query: <snip> Does anyone know anything about them? Nope. I make my own router tables. That way I get just what I want, and I don't have any qualms about making mods.
JOAT Expensive tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe. - Bazooka Joe
On Apr 21, 5:34 pm, snipped-for-privacy@cares.com wrote:

I don't know about his router table, but he (Marc Sommerfeld) sells excellent router bit sets and a great video on cabinet making inc. raised panels and arched raised panels. His bits are made by CMT. Gene
DZIN wrote:

For the past couple of years, his bits (the new yellow ones) are all made in China !! They are promoted as "Sommerfeld's Own". He is the brother of Craig (KREG JIG) Sommerfeld, and it has been printed somewhere that they don't speak due to business conflicts. Both seem like pretty nice guys. Marc did the promos at The Woodworking Show all over the country till the show split and started doing two per weekend. He now seems to do more of the West side of the country himself and has a team represent him at the Eastern shows. I haven't seen Craig at a show in a long time, but I believe he attended some maybe 10-12 years back.
I did not know that! The last set I bought, his rail and stile set, was still CMT. That was only about 18 months ago. I like CMT. I suppose if Sommerfeld provides the specs and his Chinese factoy abides by them, then the bits oughta be OK, huh?
Re: Kreg- Ya learn sumpin every day. I figgerd the guy's last name was "Kreg". BTW, Marc's cabinet making video features the Kreg pocket hole jig very prominently. They must been gittin along then.
Gene

DZIN wrote:

So do I, but not ready to accept tools from China yet.
Might want to check out Infinity in Tampa.
Have a couple of their dovetail bits.
I'm happy.
Lew

My TS, drill press, BS and lathe are all made in the US. But most everything else comes from Tiawan or Mainland China. Most of those are old American brand names but made overseas. Gene

Marc now sells his own "improved" pocket hole jig that has a vertical adjustment capability to handle various stock thicknesses better. According to Marc, Kreg made a similar change to their product after his was released. I don't keep up with either to know which came first.
todd

I have the Sommerfeld router table (the top at least) with the fence. I needed to get a good router table going quickly and didn't have time to build one. I'm pleased with it. I also have the cabinet making router set, which I also found worked well for me.
todd

video that does a great show and tell on the router table. If I was in the market for a router table top and fence Sommerfelds would be on my short list.
router table. I was impressed as far as

Project - "Building the Sommerfeld Router Table Cabinet http://www.woodshopdemos.com/smfld-1.htm
Website http://www.sommerfeldtools.com /
Request a catalogue http://www.sommerfeldtools.com/catalog.asp