Somewhat OT: Removing Caulk from Clothes

Greetings.
A little OT but kind of in the ballpark. Anyone have any experience with that outdoor, siliconized, latex, paintable caulk? In particular, anyone know how to get it off of jeans once it's dried? It would peel, if it hadn't gotten in between the fibers.
Yeah, I know ... this isn't woodworking and it's probably a question for SWMBO, but ... well, if you don't know the answer could you ask her for me??
Thanks.
Tom (with ruined jeans and an upset SWMBO)
Tom Thomas wrote:

Well, since its paintable, perhaps you could paint it the same colour as the pants!
Rob Mitchell wrote:

You're a mean man Mr. Grinch. er Rob...
Try Isopropyl alcohol (Rubbing alcohol). I seem to remember it working. I've got it on clothes - think washing them several times got it out. Or maybe it made it worse... hmmm was a while ago... can't really remember.
Next just pee on them - then you can use ammonia or vinegar.
Anyway - Kansas State U has a PDF document on "Spot and Stain Removal for Washable Fabrics" Try to find that - no URL no try google.
We found that document when my daughter left a ball pen in her clothes and used the dryer.
Cruelty thy name is wreckers. :-) good luck.
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
Tom Thomas wrote:

I got bathroom caulk on a pair of pants when I was trying to repair the seal around the tub. 10+ washings later it's still there. These are the pants I wear to the Borg so everyone knows I belong in places like that. ;-)
-- Mark

Those have now become your official paint and caulk pants.
If they are a pair of pants SWMBO bought you A) Run to store buy new ones of the same brand B) Change in public restroom C) On way home throw old ones in charity bin C) Never tell her If they are just work pants they are now on the way to becoming waterproof
Chris Melanson

white vinegar or or see the post by Chris M.
--

Too much is not enough!
rvojtash NOT THIS at comcast (dot) net

This has to be the best suggestion yet.
In Canada we now have a Purdy's Chocolates store in the new Vaughn Mills Shopping centre near 400 hwy.
Strongly recommended the chocolates before any major new purchases - just buy while she is eating them -- or the cost of re-supply becomes an issue.
SawDust (Pat) wrote:

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek