Sometimes we get lucky

A group of us were offered some cheap timber, this timber was shipped over 1,000 miles.

and shipping came to US$134

meep! meep!

Groggy

Reply to
Groggy

The dog doesn't look impressed - is his basket under that lot?

Reply to
John

Her 'squeaky toy' was kicked under it so she'd stay there for the photo, no sense of humour that dog...

Reply to
Groggy

Somebody's gonna be really miffed when he finds his dunny missing in the morning. But looking at the timber, it was overbuilt anyway.

Goodonya...you suck (in a counter-rotating fashion)

Good doggy

Got to ask: what kinda wood izzit?

Reply to
Robatoy

There is quite a mixture. Spotted Gum, Coastal Blackbutt, New England Blackbutt, White mahogany, White stringybark, Flooded Gum (Rose Gum), Sydney blue Gum, Grey box, Red ironbark, Grey ironbark, red mahogany, forest red gum, Grey gum (v red timber), Bloodwood and Brushbox.

I haven't sifted through it all yet.

Reply to
Groggy

If there had been some Jummywood in there, you would have really sucked. ;-)

Nice score. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 07:11:03 GMT, the opaque Groggy spake:

the back looks too light to be jarrah; it resembles our redwood.

YOU SUCK!

Expect multiple cyclones to form near you.

-------------------------------------------- -- I'm in touch with my Inner Curmudgeon. --

Comprehensive Website Development ============================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

How did you manage that? Freight alone should have been $1,000.

Reply to
toller

Actually the little dog is saying in dog language of course ,"just look at this bunch of crap taking up my space in the garage" .mjh

Reply to
mike hide

A number of us had it bulk shipped to a single point where one of us has a forklift and storage space. We then drove there in a convoy of pickups, trucks, unicycles or whatever we could and took it to our homes.

We are forming a kind of e-cooperative to get better deals, it hasn't been spoken overtly, but that is effectively what is happening. We acquired a bunch of Bessey clamps from LV in a similar manner. I think we imported about 3 pallets of clamps.

Groggy

Reply to
Groggy

Forest red gum (I think)

dankee!

;-)

Reply to
Groggy

Glad to see that it's still working out for you. I thought that it was great when you worked out the deal on the Besseys with Robin. It's even better to see it maturing into an ongoing community effort. I love it when a plan comes togetherr.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax