Sometimes stuff fits the first time.

A few mullions.
I hadn't made any cabinet doors for a few years. I forgor how much fun it was. It's a built-in. More pictures when all finished. The customer is going to paint it.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/Copes.jpg

Cool Design.

Ditto. What are you going to put inside the panel frames?
Robert

Awwshucks, thanks guys. The customer has some old English 'drop' glass which she's having cut to fit and a few pieces of black bevelled glass. It's after a door of a pub she frequented when still 'just a wee lass'.
During assembly, the 23 ga pin-nailer made its money back in a hurry. It's so sweet.. toss a small bar clamp on the mullion, a drop of glue and a gentle squeeze, and pop, pop a couple of pins in the coping from the back. I used some 3/4" ones. Kinda funny to be standing there with 10,000 nails in your shirt pocket. The ideal tool for that job alone. I would use that method even if the job wasn't going to get painted. The 'holes' from the nailer are so inconspicuous as to be virtually non-existent.
But, alas the project comes to a temporary halt as I am fixing to depart on a venture with a buddy of mine. First Federated Tools (David Eisan) in London, then Lee Valley and All-in-One tools in Mississauga, then food at my favourite mexican joint in Toronto, then, at Massey Hall, the farwell concert of one of my all-time favourite bands, The Rheostatics. (Regional hits like 'Claire' and 'Bad Time To Be Poor.' 'Record Body Count' was another.
Should be quite a weekend.

Which pinner did you end up getting? IIRC you were comparing a Craftsman to the Nicle? I have been eyeing that one myself.

It is the only Craftsman piece I own. It is a Nikle... for close to half the price.
If the max. nail length doesn't impede you, then it is a good deal. It justifies itself when making 5-piece doors... especially when you have a mess of small mullions to handle. It hasn't jammed once.

I have had a Craftsman oilless brad nailer for about 12 years now and it too has been pretty dependable with no jams that I recall. I have been waiting for the Nikle/Craftsman to be available again and I just got an e-mail yesterday indicating that they are back in stock. I'm going to the ww show today and will probably order one if I don't pick one up there. Swingman has a nice Omer but I have already needed to use it a couple of time since I borrowed his in December. I would be using it for small 1/4 rounds and attaching 1/4" pieces to other 1/4" pieces where clamps just get in the way.
Thanks.

Please explain. Is it just a rebranded Nikle? Does this shoot the pins with heads as well? Thanks.
JP
[snipped for brevity]

It is re-branded. I do not think it can do nails with any heads. The passage way is so tiny, I can't imagine how. I know there are some out there that will... I recently saw a reference to 21 gauge..could have been a typo.

Thanks. The new Nikle is said to shoot pins with little heads on them. Maybe Craftsman will get the new one too! JP