Some very intriguing stuff here.

There are things for woodworking, things for other applications and plenty of things to make you think.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

Excellent time killer

Reply to
tommyboy

Very interesting (and expensive :(), thanks for the link

Reply to
dadiOH

hobby for this stuff. WW

Reply to
WW

D:

You're welcome.

A lot of these items can be sourced more cheaply elsewhere.

Knowing that these things exist is one important benefit of the site. If a fellow ever knew what might come in handy later, that would cut down on the reading and recollecting. But you don't.

Just the other week I found use for a glass that can vary between completely clear and opaque by the application of a charge. Somehow that stuck in the deep memory hole. If it can be had at a right price justifiable to the project, it will materialize.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

bathroom exterior windows. been around for at least 15 years if not longer.

Reply to
chaniarts

Exactly so.

The major one IMO.

Reply to
dadiOH

As others have posted, neat stuff but expensive. Other sources are much cheaper. For example Edmund Sci has liquid crystal sheets 12x12 for $24.95 instead of

6x6 for $20.79.
Artemus

WW:

Ah, my friend, but there are a lot of things we don't need or can never be that are a pleasure to know about nonetheless. That's the free benefit.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

I'm about to pull the trigger on some of that fish scale leather. Should make quite an unique guitar strap.

Reply to
tommyboy

You'll be quite the star around cats, too, I'm sure.

-- An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -- Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Larry Jaques

TB:

I think this would be really spendy and can't clue you on a source, though searching would.

But try a visual search of ("stingray skin" OR "ray skin") "samurai sword" and you should see the pebbled material peeking out between handle wrapping. It was also used for decorative effect in Japanese armor.

Very handsome.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to