Some Truth Comes Out about the Abby Sunderland case

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/06/14/sailor-abby-sunderlands-dad-signed-reality-doomed-voyage / http://www.doublex.com/blog/xxfactor http://www.opposingviews.com/i/abby-sunderland-s-mom-u-s-taxpayers-should-pay-for-rescue
Just a kid chasing a dream ...
-- Andy Barss

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/06/14/sailor-abby-sunderlands-dad-signed-reality-doomed-voyage /
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/abby-sunderland-s-mom-u-s-taxpayers-should-pay-for-rescue
Sure, I like this part: The family of Abby Sunderland will not be reimbursing Australia for the $300,000 cost of finding her in the middle of the treacherous Indian Ocean. In fact, Abby's mother suggested American taxpayers should foot the bill. "We're not wealthy people," MaryAnne Sunderland said.

Likely to stay that way now.
On 6/15/2010 10:51 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The Australians haven't _asked_ them for reimbursement and have stated that they do not intend to, so why should they reimburse the Australians?
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 23:27:47 -0400, "J. Clarke"

Because it's the right thing to do. It would show them taking responsibility for their actions. It's called 'ethics', something which you seem to be lacking considering all your blathering about this thread.