Some recent work

Page 4 of 4
On Feb 20, 4:25 pm, snipped-for-privacy@vt.edu wrote:

I can get black and white epoxy coated, but not in the smaller 75 lb rated slides. The one time I tried epoxy coated slides the epoxy started to wear off in the bearing track before I even got the project fully assembled, and the epoxy that wore off got gummed up into the bearings which made them seize, which made the slides not function smoothly and only made the wear problem worse. I don't know if it was a bad batch or what, I sent them back and replaced with the regular zinc.
-Kevin
Add pictures here
✖

Probably not too much market for brass slides (even if they do exist) because of the lack of strength factor. But, for the OP's creations, something as simple as brass type angle iron and a simple slot cut in the wood to let it slide might look half decent.
Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 20, 11:43 am, snipped-for-privacy@furrfu.invalid (Drew Lawson) wrote:

Thanks for that! I think it would look pretty out of place on say a more rustic looking piece with a big natural edge top or something, but I don't think it looks bad in and of itself.
A lot of it is about perception. I don't _need_ to dovetail the drawers, but that is perceived to be a standard of quality. It's actually pretty darn easy to dado in wood slides and they make everything line up perfectly without any fiddling. I had to muck around adjusting the steel slides to get everything aligned to the degree needed here for quite a while, and I had to modify the plastic bumpers at the back that hold the drawer in the closed position because they required too much force as is. So it's actually a lot more work to do it, but the perception may be the reverse, so I need to make sure if I do use them that I try to explain that.
-Kevin
Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 16, 10:37 pm, snipped-for-privacy@YAHOO.COM wrote:

Nice work. Which one holds the family jewels?
Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 16, 10:37 pm, snipped-for-privacy@YAHOO.COM wrote:

v nice - one day I'll be that good! (maybe)
Add pictures here
✖