Some people shouldn't DIY (rant)

Page 2 of 2
This sounds like the previous owners of my house. I shouldn't blame her but her lazy children that
Painted the windows shut on purpose so they didn't have to weatherstrip them.
When water leaked in around the windows, they didn't bother to fix the leak but instead just fixed the water damage.
The preferred method of repairing the plaster and brown board for them was trowel it on by the gallon and come back in a few months when that patch failed.
The preferred paint outside was whitewash from a farm supply store.
The preferred paint inside was semi-gloss
When remodeling the bathroom, putting the cast iron clawfoot tub on 3/4 t&g pine plank flooring and then not fix the leaks in the tub drain.
When installing cabinets in the bathroom, they must have had there cross-eyed cousin visiting and let him eyeball the cabinets level.
Put a pull chain fixture above the tub and then use an adapter and lamp extension cord from there to get an outlet next to the sink.
Put copper, cpvc, galvanized, pex tubing, and black iron in as plumbing pipe. Always in the same run.
Put copper, cpvc, galvanized, black iron, and dwv pvc pipe in as gas pipe. Usually in the same run.
The book they followed for electrical repair was written by a 1st grader.
The book they follwed for any type of carpentry repair was written by the above's younger brother.
It was easier for Dorthy to find the Wizard than to trace the route of where any of the 4 electrical circuits went. One went from the panel to 2 basement lights, up to the attic for a light, come back down and get only one of the kitchen outlets, back to the basement for an outlet, up to the bathroom for the light, then to the dining room for an outlet and then to the living room for 2 outlets and then the bedroom for a light. The others were just as horrible.
A square is something fictional to them.
The family saying is "Framing is for sissies. Real men aren't afraid of standing in a door cut into a load bearing wall and not being supported by a header."
Their common belief is "that big wooden beam that runs the length of the house in the center of the basement is to test sharp drill bits and saw blades on".
So yes I can believe that some people should be banned from all Borg and any place they might get any type of house repair materials.
Allen

Just had my roof here in central CT replaced last November. The original roof, in place for 30 years and two months, exactly, was of GAF shingles applied directly over the sheathing. I know this because I had the house built originally and the directions, at least at the time, were not to put down underlayment. The deck had one 'hole' that the roofer stuck a rake handle through to prove that it was a 'hole' so he could charge an extra $50 for repairs to said 'hole'. (Actually, turned out it was a battered edge on the original sheathing that was there from day one.) Otherwise the deck was as sound as originally installed.